I look into the world and i think that we live a great time, where, in a click you can talk to people all around the world.

Interested in being a member (click here) or if you just want to leave a short message (click here)

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Janjawid attacks

[Because not all wars get the media coverage of Iraqi war]

Product of the Sudan’s crisis and supported by Sudanese government, Janjawid militia continues their reign of terror, attacking villages in eastern Chad. They are an extremely violent group, normally destroying entire villages on their attacks, looting everything and killing many villagers.

Here is a satellite picture taken of Bir Kedouas village in Chad before and after a Janjawid attack:

Before:

(©DigitalGlobe)

After:

(©DigitalGlobe)

“When the Janjawid arrived, I took my daughter in my arms and ran away but I was shot in the leg and had to slow down. That is when my daughter Husna was shot.”
The father of a three-year-old girl who was killed in Bir Kedouas
(taken here).

(The Pictures were taken from here)

No comments: